Thursday, December 11, 2008

Air Mail Virgin

I have just shipped off goods ( I exaggerate, in reality I sent a mustard yellow C4 envelope with 3 bits of paper inside) overseas, say, 10 minutes ago. I must admit it was a strange experience. Indeed I came out of the whole process feeling a little disappointed but still rather satisfied.
It was kind of like ripping of a band aid, I've never been a fan of the whole rip it off fast its better if its quick philosophy anyways, for some reason I like the slow agonising process, death by torture or something. So when I witnessed a very routine treatment occur to my package (ha, funnier if I was a boy or 12) I was taken aback. At the same time I couldn't tell you what I expected, some farewell ceremony of sorts? I don't know. The lady clearly had done this many times before, not appreciating that this was my first, I didn't even have time to lie back and think of England before she was asking me to pay her the $4.10.
Interestingly enough (and yet at the same time a completely pointless side note) it had taken me nearly a month to get said goods from book to envelope to P.O.brothel. Did I expect the lady to applaud my inherent laziness as to not partake in the 2 minute journey up the road for 20 days?
Perhaps I anticipated far too much. Either way junk I sent is now on its way to London town, which is a good feeling and the closest I am likely to get for a while.
Reply pending.

No comments: